Apr 20, 2011

"The only thing was to stay at home and wait for it to happen" Caroline Leaf - The Street



After watching the hand-crafted animations of Caroline Leaf , I felt intrigued. There was something so therapeutic about her work, the color scheme, the music and sound effects. I enjoyed how her art told a clear story about the loss of a loved one, dealing with the death and the family's reaction. I wish that there was more animation made in this style today, even as a young adult I would watch Leaf's work and enjoy it. She uses the process of watercolor and goache painting on glass, images made by scratching the emulsion of exposed color film. This film actually came in second place at the International "Olympic" competition. The Street won over Disney and more commercial based animation work.





http://www.carolineleaf.com/


-Arianna Quinn

1 comment:

  1. I like your blog it was awesome blog I love the animation movies n cartoons thanks for sharing. keep updating.
    Animation Studio

    ReplyDelete